Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Picture Books

Neville
978-037-586-7651
 
Moving is often difficult for children (and adults), but after I read this sweet story, I wanted to be young again, and move to a new place, just so I could make friends the way this young boy did! I can't tell you how, because that would ruin it, but trust me - in a very short space of time, you will go from feeling sad and lonely to feeling all warm inside, just like Neville.
 
Amelia Bedelia's First Field Trip
978-006-196-4138
 
Oh! My! Goodness! I grew up on Amelia Bedelia books, and I always want to read them to groups. The problem is, some of the expressions are so dated, the kids don't understand them any better than Amelia Bedelia did. Enter Peggy Parish's nephew, who has a fairly new (how did I not know about this?) series featuring Amelia Bedelia as a young girl. Now the current generation can giggle along and enjoy her boundless enthusiasm as she starts school, visits a farm, and enjoys her first slumber party.Avril's illutrations are perfectly updated, while keeping the spirit of the irrepressible Amelia Bedelia!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Amelia Bedelia's first field trip!! Is this new or something??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a bunch of new ones! Just as cute as the old ones.

      Delete