Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Our New President!

Who? No, not THAT President. That's already old news. We mean, the President and Vice President elected here at our library, from a list of candidates as varied as they were enjoyable. All day yesterday, kids and adults alike came to cast their ballots, including a first grade class from a nearby school who were an absolute trip!! One older lady giggled as she filled out her ballot, then looked up at me and said, "I'm laughing! On Election Day!" I saw another adult walk in the front door in her work uniform, come over and vote, and then leave again without conducting any other library business. Those all made my day!

The plan was to tabulate the results first thing in the morning...and then I got stuck at home with sick kids. Thank-you to Lisa for doing that for me!

Without further ado, the winners are...

Elephant and Piggie!

They took 26% of the vote, and were followed by:
Pooh and Piglet - 20%
Pete the Cat and Groovy Joe - 18%
Ladybug Girl and Curious George - 18%
Fancy Nancy and Pigeon - 6%

Write-ins took 10% of the vote, and included Snoopy, Ranger's Apprentice, Frog and Toad, Katie Woo, and Pippi Longstocking.

All wonderful choices!

As for that other election...I'll just repeat what I posted on Facebook yesterday morning:

"Go vote (if you haven't already). Then let it go. Whatever the results, the world will still be here tomorrow. 99% of what affects your life has nothing to do with who the President is, so once you have done your part in the 1% by voting, get off your butt and see about the other 99%. That should keep us all way too busy to gripe about that first bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment