Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Library Re-Carpeting Part 6: Can I Interest You in a Used Rolodex?

Still boxing up nonfiction...


..and still collecting boxes...


...with everybody pitching in...


...in slightly warmer weather than we would prefer.

Photo: The kids and I have spent the last 2 days outside as much as possible so the house is quiet for Eric to sleep. Have I mentioned how much I hate the night shift?

We now have more fans than books in some areas!


We (and I use that term loosely) have started moving the adult shelving out of the way. 


Underneath, we found...


...a giant slide! A certain acquisitions clerk, who shall remain nameless, has already tried it out.

There is also plenty of detritus,


which we are storing in a big glass jar - we'll use it for an archaeology unit at some later date!

In the meantime, all of the old carpet has been removed from the children's room,


with a little help from a certain toddler.


We started collecting book logs for the summer reading program, and to date the kids have read over 3,000 books! Someone said my temporary desk looks like a yard sale:


I'm thinking we should capitalize on that and get rid of some extraneous office supplies. What do you think?











No comments:

Post a Comment