Monday, October 8, 2018

Review: Laugh Your Socks Off Series

9781512483482
$26.65

9781512483512
$26.65

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Lettuce.
Lettuce who?
Lettuce in already!

***

What do you get if you cross a frog and a Popsicle?
A hopsicle.

The joke book section is one of those most librarians know by heart (818), along with dinosaurs (567.9) and fairy tales (398.2). They go out so frequently, they are often tattered beyond repair, so we are always looking for new ones. I was especially happy to see this series offered by Lerner, because I have never ever had to repair a binding on one of their books!

Knock-knock jokes were very big at my house for a while, and my children are perennial punsters (I blame their father), but there were still many jokes I have not yet heard. Fresh and new is good when we are talking children's humor! They may even learn some vocabulary and science in spite of themselves:

Why did the shellfish lift weights?
He wanted to have big mussels.

Other jokes will work better in specific contexts:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Warren.
Warren who?
Warren any green today? It's St. Patrick's Day!

Either way, I predict multiple circs (and much groaning if they make it to my house.) We will be purchasing the others in the series as well:

World's Best and Worst Puns
World's Best and Worst Riddles
World's Best and Worst Spooky Jokes
World's Best and Worst Sports Jokes


No comments:

Post a Comment