Friday, October 24, 2014

Another Halloween Intermission! Review: I am a Witch's Cat by Harriet Muncaster

I Am a Witch's Cat
9780062229144

There are very few times when you can get away with calling your mother a witch, but as this adorable kitty says, "I know my mom is a witch because she keeps lots of strange potion bottles in the bathroom that I am not allowed to touch." Mommy can also magic away hurts, and when she and her friends get together they cackle. Must be true! And what is more fun than being a good witch's cat? 

We looooooove Halloween here, at home and at the library, and I am always happy to find a new read-aloud. This one is going to the top of the list. Kids and parents will enjoy the sweet text, and the illustrations - photographs of a mixture of "paper, fabric, and mixed media" - are fantastic. I wanted to reach though and touch Mommy Witch's fuzzy scarf. You could have a great time with a little on on your lap, picking out which parts of the pictures are 'real', and which parts are drawings.

Definitely one to add to your collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment