Monday, January 21, 2013

Pineapple Lime Chicken

I don't have step by step pctures for this one, because I wasn't sure what I was making until I was done! It sure did turn out yummy, though, so here's the quickie recipe:
 
1. Put a teensy bit of oil in a pan and add however many chicken breasts you want to cook. Sprinkle with garlic salt or garlic pepper and brown nicely on all sides. Resist the urge to stop and eat hem right here because they smell SO good.
 
2. Whil hose are browning, open a can of pineapple slices and spread the slices on a broiler pan (save the juice in the can). Broil on low until they are as brown as you like them.
 
3. To the can of juice, add soy sauce, lime juice, and honey to the proportions you prefer, until you have a can full of liquid. I have been on a lime juice kick, so I added a LOT of that. Give it a quick stir so the honey doesn't stick to the can, then...
 
4. Dump it all in with the chicken breasts. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, 20-30 minutes.
 
5. You didn't forget about the pineapple rings like I did, did you? Quick, rescue them! Lay them on the tops of the chicklen breasts, cover again, and simmer another 5 minutes.
 
Yum!
 
 
Serve over rice, or with steamed or stir-fried veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment