Monday, November 19, 2012

Unsung Hero

This is Maisie.
 
 
I don't normally name my small kitchen appliances, but after Daddy pointed out how much work she had done, I decided she deserved her very own blog post. And, if she was going to have her own blog post, she needed a name.
 
Does Maisie look tired? She should be. In the space of the last three days (one of which I was at work all day and which shouldn't really count), she mixed double batches of the following:
 
Graham Cracker Cookies
Vanilla Wafer Cookies
Crisp Lemon Sugar Cookies
Mocha Crackle Cookies
Chunky Drop Cookies
Soft Ginger Puffs
Mom's Molasses Cookies
Pudding Sugar Cookies
Cranberry Cashew Jumbles
Chocolate Snowballs
Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies
Chewy German Chocolate Cookies
Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
Fruitcake Cookies
Ginger Thins
Jeweled Coconut Drops
Spice Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
and
a quadruple batch of Peanut Butter Cookies
 
...all without overheating once. However much extra flour I added, she just kept plowing through. Pretty impressive, since this isn't the most expensive beater out there - I have killed more than my fair share, so I tend to buy those in the cheaper range. If you're looking for a hand mixer to get you through the holidays, though, I highly recommend getting one of Maisie's siblings!
 
P.S. If I give you cookies for Christmas, pretend you are surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment