Thursday, March 14, 2013

Show and Tell

It's not always bad when your husband brings his work home with him. Especially when his work is so darn cute:
 
 
This is a spotted skunk, which really does not belong at our altitude. She is about the size of  an 8-week-old kitten, and managed to get caught in a live trap that was SUPPOSED to catch a fox who is being a nuisance. Daddy relocates the animals he traps, and sometimes we get to see them first.
 
 
Yes, my 3yo is petting a skunk. I thnk I first fell in love with Daddy when he e-mailed me pictures of himself petting skunks as they meandered away. You can get a better idea of the size here - about as big as his hand, and she is full-grown! Very docile, too - never sprayed, even when he had to pokeher with a stick to get her to walk out of the trap later. Not sure how she ended up this high, but she'll be much safer now, away from houses.
 
The tank on the step is housing a mouse I caught, until I can take it somewhere tomorrow. I'm not as cool as Daddy yet, but I have to start somewhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment