Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review: The T-Rex and Me

This story, by the up-and-coming author C., is brilliant. Except for the part where I get eaten. I give it to you in its entirity:
 
One day there was a t-rex hiding in a bush. I came out of my door and I was wondering what was going on. I looked behind the bush and saw the t-rex.
 
The t-rex started chasing me then I hollered, "Stop!"
 
The t-rex stopped and I started talking to him in a soft voice so he would know I was trying to be his friend. I asked him, "Would you like to play with me?"
 
The t-rex said, "Yes."
 
So I ran inside my house and I found a big giant light-saber for the t-rex and a small light-saber for me. We played Star Wars together until it was dark.
 
I found a big blanket for my new friend and he went to sleep in my yard. I went inside and I went to sleep in my bedroom.
 
In the morning when I woke up, I found a big hot dog and I baked it for him. I took it to him. I ate hot dogs with him outside. After we ate breakfast, we played Ghost Busters together and pretended we were fighting ghosts.
 
A real ghost came and the t-rex hid back in the bushes. I just stood there and looked at the ghost. The t-rex came out from behind the bushes and ate the ghost. I thanked him and we kept playing Ghost Busters.
 
My Mom came out of the house. She was mad because she saw me playing with a t-rex. My mom told me to go inside. The t-rex ate my mom!
 
I came out of the house and asked the t-rex, "Can you please spit out my mom? Please!"
 
The t-rex spit out my mom. She was okay and she went inside because she was very mad at the t-rex. I stayed outside and thanked the t-rex.
 
We started playing Ghost Busters again until it was dark. Then I told the t-rex it was time for him to go home. He went home. I never saw him again.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment