Saturday, September 20, 2014

95 Shopping Days Left! Review: Rainy, Sunny, Blowy, Snowy by Jane Brocket

Rainy, Sunny, Blowy, Snowy: What Are Seasons?
9781467702317

This summer I reviewed one of Brocket's first books in this series. Lerner graciously sent me that title to review, and I loved it so much, we immediately ordered the rest of the series. I was very happy to see more in the offering this quarter, including the above.

You guys, these pictures are GORGEOUS! 

My photographs of the photographs just don't do them justice. They are so vivid! And, the colors! Heck, even when there aren't colors:


seriously, these should be in a gallery somewhere. I could spend hours just looking at them.

The text hits my happy spot, too. Instead of something banal like, "Plants start to turn green in the Spring," Brocket writes, "Spring colors are clean and fresh." Is that awesome imagery, or what? I can't wait to see more of this series and will definitely use as many as I can in story times.

My mind jumped in a million different directions for gift-giving ideas. Christopher has turned out to have quite the knack for photography, so maybe a new digital camera? Sheridan will ooh over the flower pictures, so perhaps a set of bulbs and seeds for the Spring? Or, maybe this manipulative board for our 'school' area?

Ryan's Room All About Today Board

If you were REALLY super-organized, and not as liable to lose them as I am, you could teach some delayed gratification with surprise packages to be opened on the official first day of each season - rain gear for Spring, squirt guns for summer, and so on.

I'm sure you can figure it out. Me, I'm going to go back and look at these pictures some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment