1. Start with firm, just-barely-ripe bananas. Peel 'em.
2. Chunk 'em.
3. Melt some chocolate chips (1 minute in the microwave, stir, another 30 seconds at a time until they are all melted). Fail to notice smudge on camera lens.
4. Dip banana chunks in chocolate, then roll in toffee pieces (or chopped nuts). Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Continue to not notice smudge on lens.
5. Decide this is way too messy, and the chocolate and toffee are getting mixed anyway, so maybe you could just dump everything together and stir.
6. Decide that was a dumb thing to do, and now you have a gloopy mess. Notice smudge on lens, finally. Take another picture.
7. Decide that's better, but you really just need a new camera. And that this gloopy mess is not going to work. Decide to freeze bananas as-is, then dip and roll them again.
8. Re-melt leftover chocolate. Take cookie sheet with bananas out of freezer. Drop the entire shebang on the floor.
9. Say bad word of your choice (it's okay, the kids are napping). Consider wildly for one moment whether you can salvage them. Then consider the state of the pantry floor.
10. Repeat bad word, and throw bananas in trash. Look for cookie recipe that uses melted chocolate. Consider bright side: at least you can get a blog post out of it.