Sunday, May 20, 2012

What We're Reading

This summer I thought I'd share what the kids - and I, when I have time - are reading, whether old or new books. If nothing else, it will help us keep track for the Summer Reading Program!

This week we kicked off with these picture books:

Gideon and Otto

E DUNR

LOVE all of Dunrea's books. Wouldn't the pictures make fantastic decorations for a nursery? In this one, young Gideon plays with his best friend, Otto the stuffed octopus - but then Otto is lost! The kids got a giggle out of the way Otto turns back up again. We have read "Where's My T-R-U-C-K" by Karen Beaumont a bajillion times this week, so another lost toy book fit in nicely.

Giant Children

J 811.54 BAGE

C., who is obsessed with all things Fly Guy right now, immediately recognized Tedd Arnold's illustrations. Some of the poems were a little over their heads, but they liked "Stinky Boys", and of course we all heartily approved of "The Princess and the Dragon".

The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?

E WILL

Okay, "The Pigeon Wants a Puppy" WAS my favorite Mo Willems, but this one just took its place! You just gotta love that pigeon.

Boy and Bot

E DYCK

I ordered this for the library after reading Amanda's review at A Patchwork of Books (she also reviews the Pigeon book in that post). She had me at "Dan Yaccarino", but it was also a fun read-aloud. These would also be great illustrations for a boy's room walls, don't you think? (I seem to be a bit obsessed with painting walls lately). A hit with all three kids.

That's what the kiddos are reading (and rereading) this weekend. Lots more to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment