Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New Picture Books from HarperCollins

I can't believe publishers are still sending me books. I have been SO sporadic this summer with my reviews, you woul think they would have written me off by now! Summer Reading and the book fair are over, though, and today I started my VACATION - so, hopefully, I'll be posting more than once a week again!
 
"Clark" seems to be a popular name for sharks in children's books. Go ahead, open a new window and google "Clark the shark". See what I mean? This, however, is the one you will want for your back-to-school crowd:
 
Clark the Shark
978-006-219-2264
 
Especially if the back-to-school crowd in your household happes to include a very enthusiastic 7-year-old boy. A sometimes TOO enthusiastic 7-year-old-boy. Who sometimes ends up breaking things and/or siblings as a result of his enthusiasm.
 
Hypothetically speaking, of course.
 
While there are some cheesy bits that may make the adults cringe, they are right up the intended audience's alley, and will hopefully get the message across with fun. It is also nice to see a child who might otherwise be seen as a bully, as someone who just needs to learn some boundaries. Hmm, maybe I should be recommending this for adults, as well.
 
While everyone LOVED the original Pete the Cat picture books, the junior readers were met with...a bit less favor.
 
Okay, they are terrible.
 
Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus
978-006-219-8716
 
It's hard to go wrong with a classic children's song, though, and Dean's illustrations bring a nice freshness. Children looking for new words of wisdom from Pete won't get them, but those into earworm songs will love it.
 
These two are available in stores now, and on the library shelves shortly!

1 comment:

  1. The layout look great though! idn poker online Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete